Hi Mike,

I had no difficulties arriving in the UK on September 27. I carried a
CompuTrekker AW with laptop, all my photo gear, a new hard drive and
RAM for my friend on the IoM, and picked up my checked rollaway
carrying clothes and portfolios of photographs, etc. I didn't carry
liquids or pastes onto the plane. Customs guided me past the
inspection point.

The only thing that cheesed me off was the British Air flight from
Luton to Douglas. I'd called ahead and had been told in no uncertain
terms that I would only be allowed one carryon of the specified size,
nothing strapped to the outside, which effectively made it impossible
to carry my tripod. At Luton, as I'm queuing for the gate, I see
someone on the line in front of me with his huge rollaway getting on
board along with five clothing bags. I mentioned it to the gate
personnel ... "Oh, we'd let you through with your tripod strapped to
the carryon bag, that's all right." Grr.

Just shows that enforcement of these "security" measures is haphazard
at best.

Godfrey