From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Digital Image Studio
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 5:14 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Best way to clean those difficult Multicoatings?

On 03/11/06, J. C. O'Connell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On occasion I run into lenses and filters ( Usually not Pentax )
> Which have nice multicoatings but are extremely difficult
> To get clean. I have tried alcohol, water, soapy water,
> Etc but these are a real pain and sometime I just give
> Up without getting them clean to my satisfaction.
> Anybody know what I am talking about here and what's your
> Best solution (pun intended)? Thanks in advance.

The only time I've ever had real difficulties is when there were
embedded greasy deposits at the very edges of the element. The way to
combat it is to us a large optical swab and rotate it (through no more
than 360 degrees then discard) as you wipe regardless of the solvent
used.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA