I posted a shot here a while back - Bette's Diner - in which I shot so far
to the right to the right that I literally had to paint in some highlight
details, yet the darker areas of the photo were still very noisy. This may
have been the result of having to shoot @ 1600 ISO, but, as has been said,
that area in Zones 1,2,and 3 were a bit of a mess.  Maybe using noise
reduction software is a solution.

Shel