> From: Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/11/24 Fri AM 01:32:14 GMT
> To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Re: OT - Prius Fuel Economy
>
> William Robb wrote:
>
> >From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi"

> >> Drive batteries are fully warranteed for 8 years/100,000 miles in the
> >> United States. By the time you need new batteries, a) they'll likely
> >> be a lot cheaper, b) the replacements will be even better, and/or c)
> >> you'll want a new car anyway.
> >
> >More likely, the life expectancy of the car will be when the batteries
> >go flakey out of warranty.
>
> I think Godfrey's right about the batteries being improved. They're
> already rumoured to be using LiIon in next year's model. Replacement of
> the current (NiMH) battery is around $1500-2000.

Toyota's take on battery charging is interesting.  The vehicle aims to keep the
cells in the region of 60 to 75% charge, as this manner of use extends battery
life.  So the display is only monitoring this level of charge.  "Empty" is
really 60% and "full" is 75% of real capacity.

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software