From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
P. J. Alling
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 9:20 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: *istD kits down to $499 New

My point, which seems to be lost on everyone, is that Pentax is dumping
the D, and that unfortunate lens, at a loss to minimize their losses.
The store is probably not losing money, or they would have walked away
from the deal.

Adam Maas wrote:
> Yes, but you lose less money buy dumping stock that cannot be sold
> above cost, as keeping it in inventory costs you money (And space to
> stock profitable products).
>
> -Adam
>

> P. J. Alling wrote:
>
>> Because I worked in Retail John, you don't make money by loosing
>> money
>> on each sale and making it up on volume.
>>
>> J. C. O'Connell wrote:
>>

>>> I still dont see why you think this seller
>>> got/gets the NEW *istD bodies cheap. They may be
>>> losing their ass on them. I dont know,
>>> but how do you?
>>> jco

>>> soon. Face it with an APS sensor 28-80 is not a very popular focal
>>> length.

--
Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.
                        --Albert Einstein