you are comparing apples with oranges.
A movie theater is not the same as
a home theater, you have very very
limited choice of "programs" to see
at a movie theater compared to a home
theater. And I stand by what I said,
the very best theater in my ares
is no longer as good as the best or
even my home theater on picture quality.

Secondly, I aleaday explained to you
in my last post that you cant and wont
get the full benefit of HD on small
sets, neither close up or at a distance.
Those look similar to analog at that
size because most of them are not
full 1080 resolution, most are 720/
and small CRTS regardless of scanning
format wont resolve the full 1080 resolution.

Regarding image quality in theaters,
they have to make big compromises
to project the large image, this
is why the illumination isnt perfect
like HDTV, they have to use projection
lenses, unlike direct view tv, and they
have to use COPY PRINTS, not original
negatives, like good hdtv film transfers
are made from.

If you dont think HDTV is worth it for
you, thats one thing, but this thread
started with you saying its hype,
cash grab, no better than dvd, worse
than DVD, etc. and that I have a problem
with because I dont believe any of that
is true.

JCO