Hi Paul,

I have some older Calphalon pots and pans, and have been very happy with
them.  I also use cast iron - great for some cooking tasks.

Frankly, I've been vacillating between the non-stick and the Calphalon hard
anodized, but I also want a non-stick skillet for certain tasks, and
thought I'd go with the All-Clad or the Calphalon for that.  I've not yet
carefully examined the Calphalon, although a friend has a 14" non-stick
skillet and swears by it. BTW, if you've not used All-Clad, you might five
it a try.  Great stuff, but, like all good cookware, a bit on the spendy
side.  A couple of days ago, while at Slur la Table, I saw their private
brand, which is much less expensive than All-Clad or Calphalon, and it
looks and feels pretty good.  Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.  I'll
be making a purchase after Christmas - can't stand the lines right now

Shel