On Dec 22, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Digital Image Studio wrote:

> But virtually all commercial broadcasters broadcast commercials at a
> far higher compression than the program material so that the actual
> volume on the receiver may increase by 3 to 6dB.

The thing that really annoys me about advertising is that it's
deliberately designed to be as distracting as possible because the
advertiser needs to have your attention for the ad to be effective.
It gets even more annoying when you start noticing the techniques
they use.

There's one ad on the radio here where a guy is yelling over about a
dozen simultaneous cellphone ringtones... it just about drive me postal!

- Dave