From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Tim Øsleby
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 1:49 AM
To: 'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'
Subject: RE: What are you cooking?

My Christmas dish is pinnekjøtt, dried mutton ribs, dried and salted.
This is far from duck ;-)

If you do it the old way, you do it all by yourself. Salt and dry the rib.
Nowadays few does this.
Before cooking, put it in water over the night. Then you cook it over steam.
Using a few drops of water in the bottom of the pan, then you put some birth
sticks, and on top of them, the meat. You cook the dish for about four
hours. Served with potatoes and kålrotstappe (mashed rutabaga).

If you are not at work (I am this year), you drink beer and Akkevit (potatoe
"brandy"). So I'll drink water.