Oh my, field hockey.  I was expecting ice hockey!
We had a famous football coach (american) here,
a son of Swedish immigrants who made Notre Dame
University into a football powerhouse in the '20's.
He was a protestant and the University was Roman Catholic.
Football came under criticism as too violent a sport.
In discussions with the University President, he asked
"Would you rather have me put a bunch of Irishmen
on the field chasing one another around with clubs in their hands?"
Regards,  Bob S.