On Dec 31, 2006, at 11:08 PM, Boris Liberman wrote:

> Some years ago Pentax and Tamron cooperated on FA 28-105/4-5.6 IF
> which was probably produced by Tamron for Pentax. It is highly
> unlikely that Tamron now has to reverse engineer Pentax protocols.

Wasn't aware of that, but it doesn't mean that that particular lens
has no bugs in its chip. Since all the Pentax lenses I have are
properly name tagged in the (ugh) Pentax browser, I find it hard to
believe that there is a problem with the camera in retrieving and
storing this data. No way to know for sure.

Godfrey