This I don't understand.  We free the Afghans from their oppressive but
ineffective government.
Some of them die as a result, but the rest are much better off with time,
especially if we help
them recover.  Thousands of Americans and others Chinese, various Europeans
etc. have been killed
because they were directly targeted.  What would it take for you to accept
military action?  The
death and or rape of your sister at the hands of these people?  (Yes I know
this is inflammatory,
however there seems to be a call to inaction here, is it fear).  What
happened the idea that to
die on your feet is better than to live on your knees?  Right now the
Afghans are living on their
knees.  The people who keep them there want us on ours.