Sure Peter. There are plenty of statements in the Bible that are pretty
unambiguous while some are amiguous.  If one chooses to interpret either of
them in a way that is at odds with the rest of the book, of what value is
it?

I can do the same with the directions that come for assembling a piece of
furniture.  Those can be pretty ambiguous sometimes. Once I get half the
screws put in and see that it's assembled incorrectly, most of the ambiguity
goes away. :-)

If one believes that the Bible is, in essence, authored by God (some do and
some don't), then regardless of what you, I, or anyone else thinks, it's
likely that the author meant it to be taken one way, just as when you or I
make a statement.

The Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution.  Many arguments over it's
intepretation have been fought, but in reality at the time of it's writing,
most of what it said was meant in just one way.

... refraining from making this a lengthy discussion on the PDML.

Tom C.