Cory Papenfuss wrote:

>       I hear you.  I've got almost 600 hours in my Cherokee 180, and
> rewarded myself this fall by earning a tailwheel (1939 J-4!) and
> HP/complex in my buddy's PA24-250.  I'd like to work on my commercial but
> I can't justify the $120+/hour for a complex to train.

On a typical fed-up-with-my-career-want-to-do-something-different day a
few months ago I looked in to flight school.  Sent away for info and
talked to a rep at the PanAm flight academy.

For roughly US$60k I could get a commercial, multi-engine, instrument
instructor rating (the idea is that you teach to get as many hours as
possible) with no prior ratings or experience.  The tuition and living
expense is easy to finance with loans so it was sounding like a good
idea.  I asked the school's representative what kind of salary a new
pilot could expect "$18k to $20k"  So much for my career change...

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net