On Jan 9, 2007, at 5:44 PM, Cory Papenfuss wrote:

> ... I am quite in the minority as a "technical photographer" as
> opposed to an "artsy photographer."  Most are the latter and whatever
> looks good is acceptable.  I find it difficult to trust my own
> sense of
> quality, so I resort to objective means that I can quantify to
> produce the
> most colorimetrically accurate and least manipulated images
> possible. ...

That's not photography, that's creating a recording of a subject. You
have to learn to trust your eyes and aesthetics, and develop the
ability to see, to do photography.

The sunlight streaming through clouds, wandering around the morning
mists, and pooling around a freshly opened leaf knows nothing of
'accuracy' or colormetrics. You have to feel the color with your eyes
and heart.

Godfrey