William Robb wrote:

>You need to look at more good pictures then.
>Not necessarily photographs either.

Great advice! I'm very fortunate to live within walking distance of a
good art museum (the Carnegie) and I find looking at paintings to be
quite instructive. They had an exhibit of Hudson River School
landscapes a couple of years ago that was quite remarkable.

>I find my own pictures aren't as instructive as other peoples, since
>no matter how I try, I am biased regarding my own work.

Everyone is biased regarding their own work - though with some of us
it's sometimes as much *against* it as in favor of it (depends on my
frame of mind at any given moment...)