> And how did you, or do you, deal with B&W?

        Occasionally.

> Youir comments suggest that you're not a photographer but some kind of
> technician.
>
> Shel

        I may have overstated my position somewhat, but I personally find
endless tweaking on the computer irritating and circuitous. My
"photography" style ends as it did when shot film... once the shutter is
pressed.  All of the technical (lens choice, aperture, shutter speed, etc)
and photographic (subject selection, composition, lighting, etc) choices
have been made once the shutter is depressed.  After that point with film,
I never did anything more than send it off to the lab.  With digital, I do
the roughly the same.... "develop" the digital RAW image in the most
accurate, lossless, and "tweak-free" way.  Maximizing dynamic range, color
accuracy, and quantization errors is pretty much my limit.

        I'm not saying that those that include substantial image
processing in their photography are any less, just different.  It's a road
I personally don't want to go down.... primarily because it's too
subjective and time-consuming.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *