Brendan MacRae wrote:
> --- William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The primary reason for the massive population drop wasn't wholesale
slaughter. It was the unthinking introduction of several virulent and
deadly diseases to a population with essentially no resistances to them.
And frankly there was no way the Europeans would have had any inkling of
how dangerous that was.

This isn't to say that the survivors weren't treated extremely badly.
But the population crash wasn't caused by wholesale slaughter.

-Adam