Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> My testing showed that the Transcend 150x is faster than the Sandisk
> Ultra II (60x), but others have suggested that the Sandisk Extreme
> III (133x) is actually faster than the Transcend 150x by a
> significant percentage (10-15%).

I haven't done any formal testing but the Extreme III is noticeably
faster than the Transcend even without formal testing.  The transcend
cards are still pretty fast though.

> In practical terms, even the Sandisk Ultra IIs perform so well with
> the K10D that they eclipse the performance of the *ist DS body
> completely. I have not found any difficulty whatever in using them:
> the camera writes more swiftly than I need it to so as not to be a
> hindrance to my shooting.

When I revert to the *ist-D (slowest of the *ist family, no doubt)I
really cringe - especially shooting RAW. It is downright laborious....

- MCC

--
Mark Cassino Photography