In a message dated 1/24/2007 5:49:17 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Whether buying or selling,  on the (relatively rare) occasions that I
leave any feedback, I always wait  until I've received feedback from the
other party before I leave mine. If  this results in a waiting game in
which neither of us gets feedback...  that's just fine with me. Can't
see what the big deal  is.

=========
In my opinion it isn't a big deal, except for the  seller.

A lot of buyers will not buy (I won't) from sellers with a lot  of negatives.
If someone has about a thousand ratings and some negatives I will  probably
still buy, because when they are a heavy seller they are bound to have  some
negatives. So I read the negatives to see what they are. In some cases the
negatives imply the seller may sometimes be hard to deal with, those I avoid.
In
some cases it seems like normal misunderstandings, those I will buy  from.

I also sell on Amazon, and because there isn't buyer feedback there  per se,
I get feedback from only about 10% or less of customers. That is partly  why I
wait on ebay, it works as a reminder. I tell them I will give them  feedback
once they give me feedback, and that means on ebay I only get 10% who  *don't*
give feedback. No one has complained to me about it, they can read the
feedback I give buyers. I always leave positives, even if the payment is late,
because some people prefer not to use credit card or PayPal or any other online

method. Some people prefer to send a check, and that payment is always slower
but I am not going to leave an neutral or negative about that, they had the
right to choose to pay by a slower method.

The thing is, people ought to  look -- on ebay negative buyer feedback is
much lower than seller negative  feedback. A seller is not going to leave
negative or neutral feedback for a  buyer unless they absolutely have to,
because
there is no point in shooting  oneself in one's foot. Seller feedback is much
more important.

Marnie aka  Doe