hi Ann,

Here's the thing, Ann: I just don't care.

I sell things on Ebay now and then, in bursts, for the benefit of the
buyers. It's mostly stuff that I have cluttering up the apartment and
I figure if I put it out for sale a) other people who value it will
have the opportunity to buy it, and b) I'll get some money back from
it. If no one wants it, it either goes back into the dark corner from
which it came or straight into the garbage where it probably belongs.
If a buyer wants to be a dickhead, well, to put it politely, just go
away: I don't want their business. ;-)

I always keep copies of all my sales and the complete email
transaction record in which I articulate fully the terms of the
transaction, and I record both the receipt of payment and the
shipping just in case anyone wants to take me to court for some
irrational reason. I've had a lawyer friend proof my records and
email methodology, her summary was that "Your butt is covered, don't
worry about it, and tell the dickheads to sit on a stick and rotate."

As a result of this good karma, I've only had one whiner and all good
transactions on my sales. I've only had one or two less than
wonderful experiences buying from Ebay, possibly because I'm picky
about what I buy and usually only buy with BIN sales from well known
vendors. I lose most of the open ended auctions I bid on because I
just set a price that I am willing to pay when I see an item and
don't look back until the auction is over. 99% of the time some idiot
has sniped the item in the last 20 seconds for half again what it's
worth ... Nothing's worth that much stupidity to me.

Do I have an attitude? Na, I'm just a friendly kinda guy. ;-)

The vast majority of the good stuff I might have for sale is sold
directly to interested, knowledgeable people who hear about it word
of mouth from me and my friends. All have been excellent, several
have become good friends after they bought nice stuff from me. Far
away from Ebay and other such nonsense.