G,
the thing is simply this - you can't ever retract (or not without an
extreme hassle) the
positive rating you gave someone as soon as you got their money.  I have
had few
hassles, but occasionally someone whined - mind you, because they hadn't
bothered
to read the description, about some $10 item - I coddle them , but if
they really
were silly or nuts and kept the item I merely say "thank you" in the
feedback area.
instead of something more elaborate.

I've never had any problem with international buyers, only those in the
USA, interestingly,

ann