On 25/01/07, Peter Lacus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> precisely my opinion as well. However today I did look at these pictures
> at work and I must admit they look considerably darker and muddier on
> the Macs (but quite good on the PCs).

Just looking at the image using the levels tool it's plain that there
is no highlight data above about 194.

> BTW if anyone wish to take a closer look I can send you the "original"
> .DNG file...

Why not, my gmail account should handle it unless you can pop it on a
web link for DL?

You should check out this thread, the moire in this shot is amazing
and seems to be electronic and tied in somehow to over saturation vs
the flickering fluorescent lighting:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=21377398

> Few more questions:
> 1. My camera is set to AdobeRGB color space. Does it matter when
> shooting to RAW? I think it shouldn't but...

No it only affect the embedded jpg as does the WB setting etc

> 2. Completely unrelated, but I'd like to hear about your experiences. I
> bought  ultra fast Uniross AA charger complete with 4x AA 2100 NiMH
> accumulators. The charger can charge them in about 15 minutes and IMHO
> it's reasobably well specified - all channels are independent, it
> monitors delta U and temperature and even cools down accus during the
> recharging. However these accus did last just about 100 RAW pictures
> after first two charges, which is not very much and even manual states
> something about few hundreds of shots on one charge (but probably
> JPEGs). Is this normal with istDs?

They should allow at least 5x that many shots per charge, maybe you
have a bad cell in the set?

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA