Hi Godfrey,

> Colorspace settings are only applied to the JPEG output (thumbnails,
> embedded previews, full capture format as desired, etc) after RAW
> conversion. If you are capturing in JPEG format and need the least
> amount of channel clipping for further editing, Adobe RGB is the way
> to go. If you're capturing JPEG and want the best results for
> printing directly from the camera, sRGB is the way to go.

then for me it's probably better to choose sRGB, because the only
occasion I might want to shoot JPEGs is the need of printing immediately
after shooting.

> Not normal for my *ist DS bodies. I have two sets of Power2000 NiMH
> AAs, rated 2400 mAh capacity, which come with a two channel fast
> charger. I've been using these two sets for over two years now. The
> charge to full from exhausted in about 90 minutes and generally
> return 600-800 exposures per full charge. I bought the set (charger
> and one set of four batteries) from B&H Photo for $28, second set of
> batteries cost me about $13 IIRC. I bought another set of NiMH no-
> name brand at Fry's Electronics, rated 2500 mAh, and they tend to
> last about the same when charged in the same charger.

I will try another brand/type of batteries an will see. My charger is
supposed to charge any NiMH batteries just fine, only slower, as 15
minute charging requires a special batteries able to withstand its' 6,5A
charging current.

> By comparison, a set of Everready CRV3 or AA Lithium E2 disposables
> tends to run 1100-1300 exposures before being exhausted in these bodies.

so for travelling is actually better to stick with those, isn't it?

Cheers,

Peter