I also recall that the -D does not provide the option of a
displaying a histogram after taking a shot.  It's available, but only
after poking through a menu or something.  If that hasn't been fixed with
firmware, it's a huge negative (for shooting with pre-A lenses anyway).

-Cory

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> It should also  be mentioned that the D has dual control wheels -- one for
> aperture and one for shutter speed. The DS and DS2 use a single wheel. The D
> also has a PC socket. I don't believe that the others do. When using the
> battery grip, the D has seperate control wheels for vertical shooting.
> Paul
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> The original D has better build quality than any of its siblings, and it can
>> be
>> fitted with a battery grip. Functionally, The DS2 is the best. Aestetically,
>> i'd
>> say that the D is the best. All of them work very well.

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *