On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Stan Halpin wrote:

> Not based on personal experience, but the general consensus is that the
> primary shortcomings of the *ist-D compared to the more refined later
> D-series brethren are the D's smaller, slower, write buffer and its
> smaller LCD. I was thoroughly pleased with the D, not at all tempted by
> the follow-ons,  and moved to the K10D primarily to get the
> shake-reduction feature. I really like the vertical grip available on
> the -D and K10D and would miss that on any of the others.
>
> Stan

        The DS has the same LCD as the D, no?  I've been pleased with
mine, but the later larger LCDs (in the DL and the DS2) are definately
nicer.  ANY of them are nicer than the absolutely hideous LCD in the Canon
Rebel and Rebel XT.

        Another factor is longevity in memory cards.  Granted they're not
that much anymore, but Pentax has clearly implied they're going SD.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA                                       *
* Electrical Engineering                                                *