Thanks. For me it's the 11-22mm and 14-54mm lenses and the lens mount
the confirmed my decision to go with Olympus. I still have the E-500
with the 14-45mm kit lens, and I'll keep them. In a month or 2, before
I go to the Alps, I'll buy the 11-22mm lens, and then that's it,
probably, until the E-1 successor.

In choosing which digital system to use I was limited by the number of
Contax CZ lenses I have, which I don't want to get rid of. A few weeks
ago I bought a Contax-Olympus adapter and was pleased with the
results, so that decided it for me. I like the field of view of a
20-21mm lens on 35mm format - I use it surprisingly often, so it's
convenient that the 11-22 is available. The 14-54mm is, as you
suggest, a great range of focal lengths and they are high quality and
fast lenses, for zooms. I don't need better quality, and I still have
some very fast high quality primes (including my Leicas), so it works
out reasonably well for me. If I need long focal lengths, the CZ
lenses and the adapter work very well.

--
 Bob