I will agree that for your use, my characterization is inadequate -
for the parts that I could find useful to me, I stand by my
characterization.  With my current toolset, my use of a photo editor
is similar to yours.

I think more, I am trying to say that Lightroom and photoshop suit
certain types of photographers very well, for others only part of the
tools are useful.  Each person will have to determine if the toolset
fits well or not.  Certainly Boris will have to make that decision.
The fact that he is not happy about the price would seem to indicate
that he is not fully exploiting the capabilities within Lightroom.
Maybe he should work with more to see if it is the right tool - if so,
then the price may become a non-issue.

--
Bruce