Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af Jens
Bladt
Sendt: 11. februar 2007 13:36
Til: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Emne: Better K10D exposure-tests (Was:*ist-Ds Vs. K10D image quality?)

William, PauI, Godfrey, Rob, Peter, David, John ...

I don't know what the .... went wrong yesterday, testing exposure of the
K10D.
Perhaps the FA* 2.8/80-200mm is not working right with the K10D?
Perhaps changing leses many times, metering by manually by Green Button etc.
did confuse the cameras or me, or the light perhaps changed betewwn
switching camera bodies ? I have no idea.

Anyway, today I did some new test shots - comparing the K10D and the *ist D,
using two samples of the same Pentax lens:
The old SMC Pentax-F 4-5.6 35-80mm.

So, I put one of these lenses on both cameras and did a few test shots. I
shot the same scenery twice -using the same shutterspeed, same settings
(multi-segnment, WB, contrast, sharpness, saturation, ISO 200, RAW).

And guess what? The results are quite surpirsing.
It seems to me that the K10D in fact does a better job, dealing with
contrast.
The K10D shots are consistantly the most pleasing shots, despite of the dark
scenery/bright sky. Such conditions are very common in our (northern) parts
of the world (low sun). Very often our contrasty environment requires manual
exposure corrections. It seems the K10D handeled the situation quite well.
Much better than the *ist D.
I am pleasantly surprised!

Judge for your selves. What do you think?

http://www.jensbladt.dk/Test/K10D-vs-istD/K10D-test-album.html

Thanks for looking - comments area welcome.

Jens Bladt
Nytarkort / Greeting Card:
http://www.jensbladt.dk/godtnytaar2007/lydshow.html

http://www.jensbladt.dk