On Mon 2001-09-24 (09:19), Shel Belinkoff wrote:
> Martin Trautmann wrote:
> > Real numbers are not required: If it's not enough light, the exposure
> > meter will double your time, whether the selected aperture is called 2.8
> > or 3.5, whether it is a faked or real number, as long as you do need
> > double times.
>
> Well, Martin, there's a fly in your intellectual ointment: What
> happens to exposure calculations when one is not using a camera with
> TTL metering?

Hi Shel,

concerning the discussions that I had seen here, I expected that almost
every user here used equipment with TTL metering.

Yes, I simplified things in my reply, and thus I've seen interesting
replies, not only concerning hand-held meters (which would have major
trouble with incorrect aperture declarations), but e.g. flash as well.

> Since I use rangefinder cameras, hand-held meters, and even cameras
> with non-ttl metering, and the exposures are correct regardless of how
> I meter, and regardless of which lenses I use, how might that be
> explained?

I'd say: by the tolerance of the exposed material :-)
Martin