On 18/02/07, Jens Bladt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I especially find the options for manualy setting the White Balance by eye
> sight (looking at the last taken picture or by white card) or by choosing
> Kelvin (degrees) very usefull and well thought out

The WB function is the bit I dislike the most about the camera, the
screen is quite poor as a tool by which to judge colour balance and if
you wish to take a simple WB from a card it's a more complex procedure
than the *ist D and there is only a single memory. And in reality
setting the WB by temperature is only relevant if you are using an
external colour temperature meter as reference. They could have made
it a lot simpler and more effective IMO, though those impressed by
pretty displays and gadgets should be over the moon.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA