On 2/3/07, Paul Stenquist, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I'm somewhat surprised that there was no response to my post of a
>picture of a woman in what coucl be called an aniti-social environment.
>It's not unlike an Arbus pic, although not as well executed perhaps.
>Is the total silence due to the content or the execution? Or perhaps it
>never made it to the list. No big deal, just curious.
>Paul
>http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5667450&size=md

I ddn't see it before, but having seen it now, I agree with marnie, it
looks a bit too 'arranged', and I think the framing highlights that. If
someone were (say) to shoot a staged pic for a newspaper or magazine on
young drinkers, this is what I would expect to see, ex\specially as it's
vertical format.

As a standalone image I'm not keen. I don't like the legs chopped off.
Social shots like this that are 'tight' do nothing for me. I oike them a
lot looser, let's see what's around and about, probably a horizontal
format showing the drinker in her entirety.

Just my preference, and you did ask ;-)

--

Cheers,
  Cotty