Flash is the biggest power hog....the LCD is second place
in that category..
jco

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Godfrey DiGiorgi
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:49 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Battery life on K10D

On Mar 27, 2007, at 6:30 PM, Markus Maurer wrote:

> Hi Godfrey
> Maybe the 2 Pentax battereries I have are still too new ? but I got
> under
> 500 exposures and never saw the battery gauge on the K10D changing
> from full
> to another state before the batteries shut down.  I use review and the
> histogram, that must be the power hungry functions. I wonder how much
> battery AF uses, andy ideas?

No idea about that. Anything that keeps the LCD illuminated or status
display illuminated will consume battery power to a greater degree
than nearly anything else, however.

Perhaps you are not charging the batteries all the way? or have a
less than perfect charger? I use a third party charger, from Impact
again, rather than the Pentax charger because it plugs directly into
the wall and also takes a power connection from the accessory jack in
the car.

Godfrey