> I think you'll find that if you continue to use your MZ-5 with NiMH
> batteries, the AF motor will self destruct pretty quickly. It wasn't
> designed to use batteries with that much current.
> I bet it runs really fast, but not for long.
>
> William Robb

Hi William,

What to you mean with, "with that much current"? The rated voltage for
NiMH batteries is 1.2V each, instead of 1.5V, and unless their internal
resistance is way lower than that of alkaline cells, they should provide
less current. My experience with various equipment tends to second that.
Or am I all wrong somewhere?

I've been using my MZ5n flawlessly with NiMH for a few years now, maybe
I'm just lucky. The AF in my previous MZ5 fried after a few years of
moderate use, but I didn't use NiMH back then.

Thanks and best regards

Patrice