On 6/29/07, Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 29/6/07, Adam Maas, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
> >On this point you may be correct. France is at the forefront of
> >ridiculous restrictions on photographers, having essentially made Street
> >Photography illegal.

As far as I'm aware (and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong),
what's illegal in France is ~publishing~ street photos.  More to the
point, one must have releases of every subject of every photo
published.  It's the publishing of photos without releases that's
illegal.

I recall that the press were incensed, saying that every time they
took a photo of a event with a crowd, they'd be require releases from
(potentially) dozens or hundreds of bystanders - either that or
disfigure faces beyond recognition (how nice would that look?).

cheers,
frank