My choice is to set all my cameras to the same metering method. I
usually set to center weighted averaging and Shutter preferred
automation if I'm carrying an LX or ME and an auto focus camera,
(doesn't matter if it's digital or film). That way I don't get confused
about metering. If one of the cameras is an MX everything is in center
weighted manual exposure, once again mistakes are minimized. In fact I
often shut autofocus off to keep from putting a manual focus camera to
my eye and wondering for a critical moment, "..why it doesn't this
dammed focus.

Glen Tortorella wrote:
> Bob,
>
> Thank you for your opinion.  I was thinking that this may be a matter
> of preference, and your comments helped to clarify the issue.  Hence,
> will I be unnecessarily confusing myself by having both cameras in my
> arsenal (one with center weight, one with multi)?  I am hoping to
> build upon my skills, and I do not want to end up scratching my head
> every time I switch cameras.
>
> Regards,
> Glen
>
> On Sep 4, 2007, at 8:49 PM, Bob Sullivan wrote:
>

>> Glen,
>> My opinion - multi segment is touted as special and more accurate.
>> I learned to shoot and compensate for lighting on an ME and a Super
>> Program.
>> Both are center weighted and give predictable responses to special
>> situations.
>> I never got used to multi segment metering.
>> I'm sure the readings were good, but the computer integration of the
>> results was un-predictable to me.  I find myself preferring spot or
>> center-weighted to this day.
>> Something akin to "Plant a radish, get a radish..."
>> Regards, Bob S.
>>
>> On 9/4/07, Glen Tortorella <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is multi-segment metering always better than center-weighted
>>> metering?  My ZX-M has TTL multi (2)-segment metering, while my Super
>>> Program has open aperture, TTL center-weighted metering.  From what I
>>> know about the matter, multi-segment is more precise, but I thought I
>>> would inquire about this, as I am not an expert.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Glen
>>>
>>> --
>>> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List