It depends, multi segment metering will "usually" result in better
exposures without user intervention, center-weighted will more often
require operator intervention to correct to a better exposure, which is
easy enough to do with center weighted metering. Multi segment metering
is almost impossible to compensate exposure. I stay away from it.

--
Remember, it’s pillage then burn.