mike wilson wrote:

>> From: Adam Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Date: 2007/10/18 Thu PM 08:14:36 GMT
>> To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
>> Subject: Re: Completely and totally OT: Politics
>>
>> Well, Canada did buy a bunch of F-104's. Too bad ours were low-level nuke
>> ground attack birds (Absolutely no air-to-air capability due to lacking a
>> gun prior to 1972 and a dedicated ground-attack radar instead of the
>> normal air-to-air set). We shoulda bought F-105 thuds instead.
>>
>> The CF-104 killed a lot of Canadians.
>
> Not to mention the Germans and Americans.  Should have gone for the EE
> Lightning.

For some reasons, the Italian pilots had a reputation of being better than
the others in managing the Starfighter, including the F104G and the later
version F104S developed and built by Aeritalia, which remained in service
till 2004 (!!!).
Italy had a lower accident rate and a lower number of dead pilots among
those flying the 'spillone' (big pin) than the other countries.

And now, let's discuss WWII planes with a quiz for warbird buffs out there.
Please take a look at www.dariobonazza.com/public/KGP03047.jpg
What's that?

Ciao,

Dario