On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:00 AM, Thibouille wrote:

> I find the manual not to be very clear...
> It says (I think) that if I push the sutter relase half-way and see a
> LED turning on, then battery is OK.
>
> Do I understood correctly? If so, what if the batteries are suddenly
> depleted... no warning?

The fact that the LEDs can no longer light up is the warning...

Batteries used in the MX have a very flat power delivery curve. Since
the camera uses LEDs as part of the metering indication, it has at
least minimal voltage regulation incorporated into the circuitry ...
when the batteries can no longer deliver enough to illuminate the
LEDs, they are dead.

Always carry a fresh spare battery in your bag... Of course, the fact
that it is a mechanical camera means that you can keep shooting
whether the meter is working or not. :-)

Godfrey