William Robb wrote:
> [...]

That's actually incorrect. The ISO rating is a combination of the ASA and DIN
ratings. ASA400 film is DIN 27 is ISO 400/27. We traditionally drop the DIN
portion of the ISO rating as it simply duplicates the ASA portion and the ASA
rating scheme has very distinct advantages (Like the Sunny 16 rule). Check your
film boxes, the DIN half is still there.

-Adam