I've heard of this program but never used it.  What are it's
advantages?

And yes, I did go to the website.  It's promises much, as do those I
vote for.

>>> graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/25/2007 11:12 AM >>>
Not real clear in the release notes:

http://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.4.html

Of course if you are primarily interested in web images 16 bit (usually
10 or 12
bits per pixel + padding actually) does not make a lot of difference.
The price
(free) is certainly right.

Scott Loveless wrote:
> Doug Franklin wrote:
>> For those of you using Linux, or interested in an alternative to
>> Photoshop, version 2.4 of The Gimp was announced today.
>>
>> It finally added support for 16-bit color (48 bits per pixel) and
color
>> management.  Those were two of the main problems with using it for
>> digital photography.
>>
> FWIW, the GIMP still does not support 16 bit color management.  You
can
> work with 16 and 32 bit bmp images, and there is rudimentary color
> management.  But you can't have both just yet.
> http://www.cinepaint.org/ might be a better option at this point,
though
> it's really intended for video.

follow the directions.