----- Original Message -----
From: "Toralf Lund"
Subject: Re: Sigma HSM lenses for Pentax KAF mount

> I've also suspected (or experienced) that the Pentax AF isn't really as
> slow as some would have it, or not slow at all in relative terms if you
> compare fairly (as Mr Robb points out), but that's a different issue.

It was pointed out to me in an offlist post that the cameras that Pentax AF
can keep up with are entry level cameras from the other manufacturers, as
these are the ones in the same price league.
It would be nice if they would set their sights a bit higher, but a Pentax
that would compete with a high end Canon would probably cost the end user
2-3 times what the Canon would cost due to the economies of scale.
We can't expect the company to underwrite our hobby, if we want the good
stuff we have to be willing to pay for it.

William Robb