Hi,

you are correct. Testing Olympus vs. Nikon for our local computer/photo
magazine. K10D was for mu own comparision and reference...
Shortly I would say - if someone would offer me to change my Pentax set
to Nikon D300 set (body + similar lenses to what I have, NO additional
payment) - I  would agree. D300 is a really good photographing machine.
Though not 2.5 times (as an approximate price difference) better than
K10D, so I wouldn't sell my Pentax and buy Nikon.
Olympus E-3, despite the double price compared to K10D, didn't impress
me at all. It may have it's strong points, but you probably have to be a
true Olympus fan to find 'em. LiveView? Well, I have a compact camera
for that. Picture quality? As long as we are talking about print sizes
up to A4 (12"x8"), E-3 is definitely not better than K10D. Tomorrow I
should get a set of A3 prints, maybe in these I can see more visible
differences.

BR, Margus