Exactly.

The L1 supports 4x and 10x focus assist magnification, the E-3 5x, 7x
and 10x. MUCH easier to see what I'm doing for critical focus than
with *any* right-angle finder. Not quite as easy to see as with the
Nikon F/F2/F3's high-magnification head, but even with that you have
to get your eye down to the optic to focus as well.

Godfrey