On Tuesday, November 27, 2001, at 08:15  AM, Mike Johnston wrote:

> You're seeing digital images all the time without knowing it. They've
> been
> on the covers of newsstand magazines, and most clothes catalogues
> you'll get
> this Christmas season are shot with them. _Sports Illustrated_ is
> riddled
> with them.

Just to be a little bit argumentative, I'd like to point out that the
digital revolution has led to a serious drop in quality for the images
in many magazines.  I've been cringing at the covers of Entertainment
Weekly lately -- half the time I can see compression artifacts or signs
of too little resolution as I walk past the magazine rack!  Perfect
example: the issue about three weeks ago with Letterman on the cover.
Look at him.  Bleah.

-Aaron