In a message dated 11/30/01 4:26:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> "What's a MOBO"?
>
> MOtherboard.

  "What's a P1V and a Dragon ATX?"

PlV = Pentium 4, Dragon ATX are both high performance Motherboards. You can
buy either w/processors for under $300.
**Add a 400 watt case ($80) and RAM and you could be running a 1.4 GIG
scream-machine for under $450.
You'd load your OS and a new HDD (hard disk drive), then reload all your
programs, about two days work part-time. Of course I recommend partitioning
your drives (old or new) first then load the OS.

*The new Pentium 4 motherboards run at a bus speed of 400, the ATXs at up to
266.
**A SYK7ADA ATX Socket A Motherboard w/1.4 GIG Athlon processor, bus speed up
to 266, sells for $260. It takes 3GB of DDR RAM.
A 4-port Firewire card for the computer is $60.

Of course there are other more expensive or cheaper MOBO/processor
combinations than what I suggest above, any real, serious upgrade ~starts~
with a new Motherboard/processor.
**And while some RAM is "inexpensive" as in $24 for 256MB of SDRAM
(PC100/133, 168 pin), some RAM, like 256MB of DDR RAM costs $60.

Mafud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]