----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Rittenhouse"
Subject: Re: Computer Upgrade

> In line comments
> --graywolf

Win98SE
> > support?
> >
> > Hi Shel, I just went through this The best advice I got was
that
> > Win 98 (either V1 or V2) will not address more than 512mb of
> > RAM, so that was what I ended up with on my new rig.
>
> I have seen this 512meg limitation mentioned several times, I
have also seen
> computers running more. I may be the cache limitation. On
Win95 machines
> only 128meg would be cached, but you could run more it just
wouldn't be as
> fast as the first 128.

The way it was explained to me, you can put as much ram on as
the mother board will support, but Win 98 will not address more
than 512. All that is happenning after that is you ar stuffing
up your computer by tying up excess ports.
Anyway, that just what the guy at the computer store told me
when I was asking about having 768mb of ram put on my new
machine.

Also, pardon the typo, I am getting a refresh rate of 100hz, not
200 at 1024 x 768.
William Robb