Pu-leeze!

This is so far off topic, I shouldn't even be responding, but I can't help
myself.

SUV's are in no way kind to the environment!  They use *easily* twice as much
gas as a small compact in everyday driving.  They weigh twice as much - meaning
that they deplete non-renewable resources twice as quickly, and they produce
twice as much pollution in the manufacturing process.

Their weight means that they take longer to stop, and means that they don't
handle as well - important factors in accident avoidance.  And, they take up a
lot more road space - a consideration for poor non-polluting cyclists like me,
as they zoom by within inches of me on city streets.

Their weight, size, higher driving position and all-wheel-drive give drivers a
false sense of security, so they often tend to be driven faster than road
conditions dictate - especially in low-traction situations like rain, snow and
ice.  Drivers tend to forget that even though they have 4-wheel-drive, they have
no more braking power than any other vehicle on the road - often less, due to
their heft.

Oh yeah, and they roll over more easily, due to their high centre of gravity.

Sure, SUV's have their place, but it ain't in the city.

My two cents worth...

regards,
frank

--
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist
fears it is true." -J. Robert