Christine Aguila wrote:
> I said a lot, & hopefully some of it was useful.  All-in-all, I say get the
> printer.

That was *all* useful, Christine; thank you very much!  I am greatly
encouraged by your experiences.  An in-house printer does indeed sound
like the way to go.  BTW: did you go through the full colour calibration
process as Godfrey mentioned, or did you get your great results "out of
the box"?

George, thanks for the Canon suggestion.  I actually own an old cheapie
Canon Bubblejet printer (which is largely why I assumed that
photo-printing technology wasn't far enough advanced yet :-).  I will
also check into the Pixma Pro9500 as you suggest.  My initial check
shows it to be pricier then the 2880 ($900 vs $700), but with rebates
etc., who knows.

And thank-you to everyone who commented in this thread.  Extremely
enlightening!

-bmw