Frankly, the K200D is already low-end enough. The only way they could
go lower on a saleable body without completely crippling the camera is
to simply reintroduce the K100D Super updated with the new processing
software used in the K2 series bodies. Otherwise we'll end up with
something as uncompetitive as the Rebel XS. The K200D IS a low-end
camera that Pentax thinks is a mid-range consumer body for some
reason.

What Pentax needs is a real mid-range body. Either a K20D sensor or
the Sony 12MP sensor in a K200D body with 3fps and a 6-9 shot RAW
buffer.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas